Monday, November 11, 2013

In the Emerald City

Long time no post. I vacillate between keeping a current blog or just hanging it up for the time being. Inevitably I get restless enough that  I want to post something. My daughter and I currently and for the foreseeable future are living in Seattle. Last chemo was back in July, side effects have abated for a while.

Untitled
Green Lake Pano

Untitled
Sunset at our old apartment. Alas no tripod-pardon my motion blur

The past few weeks have been good times shopping, strolling about the city, and making a few trips back to Oregon on the weekends. Rachel returns to the hospital for another round of chemo this week, then hopefully on to a 2nd transplant. It's good to be back fighting this thing, but distressing to think about the side effects that go with the fight. It's a damnable disease!
Untitled
Alki Point Trail

Green lake
Green Lake again. Came around a curve to this golden scene

Untitled
Back in Oregon for Halloween - Meow!

SpaceNeedle_6034-131110
Sad attempt to use the old nikon after a summer of iphoneography

All my photography this summer has been with an iphone. Convenient if not entirely satisfying for this hobbiest-photog-wannabe. Tonight I finally dusted off the old Nikon and tried to remember how to run the darn thing. Did okay other than forgot to change my ISO settings to something decent.

13 comments:

  1. Good to hear from you Bluekat....and glad to hear the chemo side effects have abated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dom.
      It's good to be back in touch.

      Delete
  2. I am sorry to hear that your daughter is still battling with the disease. I was hoping she would have been all better by now. It is good to know she is still in the fighting spirit. It can't be easy.

    Let us know if you need help with anything on the home front. Sending good thoughts and hugs your way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Trobairitz,
      Thanks so much. I think of you guys often. Rachel has an amazing attitude through all this. She just battles on full speed ahead, with whatever she has to do. She will not let this defeat her!

      Delete
  3. Happy to see another post with more beautiful photos. The iPhone seems to take reasonable pictures except at low light and as long as you want wide angle. I hope and pray that this round of chemo does the trick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Richard,
      The iphone really surprises me sometimes. It's great as a carry around point and shoot. Your right on the low light and certain tricky lighting conditions can throw it for a loop. We even shot video of fireworks this summer, and a lightening storm. Not great video by any means, but we had fun filming it! Thanks for the thoughts and prayers.

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful photo at the end of this post. I'm also hoping that this next round of treatment does send your daughter on the road to recovery and health.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Martha.
      Though I haven't be commenting/posting much, I have been keeping up with everyone's blogs as time allows. I've really enjoyed your bicycling content this year. :) Along with the other things. Thanks for the well wishes.

      Delete
  5. Life. Glad you got restless. Thank you for sharing what's going on. I think of you all often. May all be well and it happen sooner rather than later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Keith. It's good to be back. I have been lurking here and there, but it's not the same as being in touch. :)

      Delete
  6. Kari:

    I'm glad you posted too. I was thinking of you as I was looking at our Montana photos. All of my blog photos are gone, broken links from the closure of Webshots. Good times and good memories.

    I wish the best for you and Rachel and that this new treatment will put her back on the road to recovery

    You're too modest. whether iPhone or Nikon I don't think it matters. You know how to make the best of either

    bob
    Riding the Wet Coast

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Bob,
    I've been following your blog even though I haven't taken the time to post up. I think of you often and miss those riding times as well. Several times this summer I've looked back on our Montana trip with fond memories.

    I know how you feel about the broken photo links. I closed down my smug mug account a year or so ago and all my pics linked from there no longer work. I doubt that I'll go back and fix them. Like you I often go back to revisit past exploits and the missing pieces leave quite a hole. My best to you and Mrs Skoot :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to hear from you, Kari. I wish your daughter continuous improvement, and all the strength needed. Best wishes from the Black Forest, Germany.

    ReplyDelete