I almost closed this blog. I just haven't been here for a long while. We haven't done much (moto)cycling this year--been concentrating on bicycling. So maybe I'll just ramble for a while and get my thoughts together. I'm considering a new, well, different bike. I'm looking at standards. Somehow I have it in my mind that I will like riding a standard better than a cruiser. That it will somehow be more agile and handle more to my liking. I'm not sure how I came to this conclusion. I've never ridden one. But there you go. Perhaps it's delusion. A standard won't make up for my lacking skills as a rider.

Some silly pics to add: Moto-Cookie goes for a ride. This dog loves to ride! Cars, Bicycles, and now the motorcycle. Only thing left to try is the kayak.


-----------------------------------------------------------------
What is that nice "hunkering down" feeling I sometime get while throttling on when leaving a corner.

I've been riding a couple years and I'm still discovering power up there in the revs. Shifting later and later in the acceleration.

At first I had to shift way down for corners cuz I was so slow. Then I got faster at cornering and didn't shift down so much. Then I discovered how good it felt to shift down for corners, but still go fast. Weird.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Overnighter at the Coast

Silver Creek Falls State Park, 03-19-11

Yamaha V-Star 1100