Thursday, November 12, 2009

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Shut up alarm. I don't want to get up. It's dark. It's cold...
It's morning.

I look out the window. Hmmm, maybe not too bad. Some blue sky; Some grey clouds and some white. It's the kind of morning that promises pretty skies. It's also the kind of morning that brings risk...of rain.

Still I want to ride.
I don't even make it out of town when I feel the drops. I'm warm. I'm bundled in rain gear and fleece. I'm good. I don't want to dig out the camera. I hate stopping on the side of the road with no shoulders. I grab a snapshot at my stop on Scravel hill. Rain.


But still...pretty.



It's early. I opt to go through Jefferson and stay off the freeway. The rain has stopped, but when I look over at the coastal mountains I see white. Snow! The first snowfall on the foothills. I try for a photo, but there's no place to pull over. In Salem the sun comes out. It's a good day to commute.

No comments:

Post a Comment