lol - well, he forgot to leave my Ninja under the tree. Or maybe he went for a ride...there were these tire marks out the front door and all these reindeer in the back yard nibbling on the rose bushes...hmmmm?
Did the blue fringe happen by itself or did you help it along?
Nice shot, by the way.
The nice thing about the G11 is that it has a built-in Macro mode that does a good job. That's a hlot cheaper than the $900 Shutterbug wants for a 100mm Macro lense.
The flower has a slight blue edge to it's petals, but I think it popped out a little more when I upped the saturation on the color.
lol - yeah, lenses are killers. I'm lusting for a wide angle lens of these days.
My husband, Ron, got me a G11 for my birthday. (He wasn't supposed to do that.) I haven't gotten to use it much yet. Hoping to remedy that in the next few days. I think I'm going to love it for touring. Small size, but lots of control.
Congratulations on the G11! What a sweet husband. Just don't tell him that another guy called him sweet.
I am growing to like the G11 more and more. I have noticed a couple of things you might want to be aware of.
I pack the G11 in a pocket of my riding jacket when I'm on the bike. I've noticed that the process of taking the camera in and out of the pocket tends to move the exposure compensation dial and the focus wheel for the optical viewfinder.
It has happened enough that I always take a glance at the setting wheels before I take photos. Anymore I find myself using the live view for a viewfinder so I don't worry so much about the focus wheel.
I suppose we're all members of the "G" club. I have had my G10 for about a year. I hardly use my dSLR anymore. You don't need a wide angle if you are shooting a scenic (which doesn't move), just stitch two or more single photos together. My header photo which I posted yesterday was taken with the G10 in pano assist mode using 2 shots. Manual exposure.
Warning: Long post alert! A week or so ago Ron and I took a hike at Silver Falls State Park . Warm summer afternoons will find hundreds of people hiking at the park. It's a constant battle of passing slow hikers...usually in groups, and bumping past oncoming hikers. Not exactly a peaceful forest experience. Take a hike on a cool, wet afternoon, and you'll find far fewer hikers. The hike is called the Trail of Ten Falls . On this day we will visit 6 of the 10 falls, and be treated to a number of unofficial falls running off the slopes of the canyon. South Falls is probably the most visited of all the falls. It's close to the day use area, and can be viewed without hiking down the canyon. The trail goes behind the falls, but we opt to take the foot bridge for the better view. An aside, my co-worker claims to have repelled over South Falls (and came up short on rope). South Falls, 177 ft. Canyon Trail Off we go down the trail and to a series of stairs taking ...
March 1-2, 2026 Shake down cruise, er camp. Found us a teeny, tiny camper van to run about the countryside wreaking havoc wherever we go. Meet the new money pit. God help us it’s another Dodge, or rather a Ram. A Promaster with the infamous terrible transmission. What can we say it hit a price point that no Sprinter could meet. We actually adore her. I just hope she doesn’t fail us on some dark and lonely road. We spent too much time and money getting her appropriately outfitted, then took ourselves to the coast for a night of camping in the rain. If anyone knows our past camping history you would know it always includes rain. Fortunately the rain wrapped up over night and the next day was pretty nice. Spent some time at Yaquina Bay on Monday. The sea lions were busy hunting lunch and having a very successful hunt. The water was this wonderful color of blue and turquoise. Didn’t know it at the time but per another post the color is from herring that are spawning in the bay a...
Our son brought us along to be the voices of reason, strength in the face of temptation, shining examples ruled by the mind and not by passion. He probably should have brought someone else. He sold his pickup, and was looking for it's replacement, a four wheeled replacement that is. There were several options to be viewed up in Portland then after that a visit to one of the motorcycle stores to do a little shopping. I wanted try out some jackets - the never ending quest for the perfect jacket. We should have known it was a mistake to even point the car in the direction of Portland. We knew there was a bike up there, exactly what he was looking for. The whole auto shopping thing was just a ruse, a deception. We were really there to look at bikes. We were only fooling ourselves. I went to the apparel department, father and son went to the showroom. The bike of his dreams: 2006 Yamaha V-star 1100...with ape hangers Later when I joined them I found my own Yamaha...don'...
Very Nice Colors! I hope Santa was good to you.
ReplyDeletelol - well, he forgot to leave my Ninja under the tree. Or maybe he went for a ride...there were these tire marks out the front door and all these reindeer in the back yard nibbling on the rose bushes...hmmmm?
ReplyDeleteyour Ninja is sitting in my garage, Santa never came by to pick it up, still for sale if you're interested.
ReplyDeleteBad Santa! He's slippin'...lol
ReplyDeleteLet me get my cruiser sold then we'll talk! :)
Did the blue fringe happen by itself or did you help it along?
ReplyDeleteNice shot, by the way.
The nice thing about the G11 is that it has a built-in Macro mode that does a good job. That's a hlot cheaper than the $900 Shutterbug wants for a 100mm Macro lense.
The flower has a slight blue edge to it's petals, but I think it popped out a little more when I upped the saturation on the color.
ReplyDeletelol - yeah, lenses are killers. I'm lusting for a wide angle lens of these days.
My husband, Ron, got me a G11 for my birthday. (He wasn't supposed to do that.) I haven't gotten to use it much yet. Hoping to remedy that in the next few days. I think I'm going to love it for touring. Small size, but lots of control.
Congratulations on the G11! What a sweet husband. Just don't tell him that another guy called him sweet.
ReplyDeleteI am growing to like the G11 more and more. I have noticed a couple of things you might want to be aware of.
I pack the G11 in a pocket of my riding jacket when I'm on the bike. I've noticed that the process of taking the camera in and out of the pocket tends to move the exposure compensation dial and the focus wheel for the optical viewfinder.
It has happened enough that I always take a glance at the setting wheels before I take photos. Anymore I find myself using the live view for a viewfinder so I don't worry so much about the focus wheel.
Just wanted to pass it along for what it's worth.
BlueKat:
ReplyDeleteI suppose we're all members of the "G" club. I have had my G10 for about a year. I hardly use my dSLR anymore.
You don't need a wide angle if you are shooting a scenic (which doesn't move), just stitch two or more single photos together. My header photo which I posted yesterday was taken with the G10 in pano assist mode using 2 shots. Manual exposure.
Have a very Happy New Year
bob
bobskoot: wet coast scootin
Irondad
ReplyDeleteSweet. Too funny, lol. He's a great guy though.
Thanks for the tip on the G11. Good to know. I guess that's the downside of having dials and buttons conveniently located on the camera.
I swear since I've gotten the G, I can't find a thing to photograph. It's like writer's block for photographers.
Hi Bobskoot,
ReplyDeleteI didn't even know it had a pano assist mode. Awesome. I really want to try some more pano shots this year.
When I took up photography again I was sure I wanted to shoot birds and wildlife, but I've found I'm more interested in landscapes and such.
Have a safe and Happy new year!
Congratulations on your G11 and Happy Birthday! You'll grow to love the G the more you use it.
ReplyDelete"Writers block" for photographers is okay - I was worried that you put your blog on hold. :)
Happy New Year!