Monday, December 21, 2009

Panorama & computer stuff

I'm happy. My computer is home after a visit this weekend with it's maker. A loose connection fixed and a bios tweak, and apparently we are up and running again! I managed to maim this one in a record 4 months of ownership.

Panorama
I was off reading good stuff on digital grin when I came across a thread on panoramas. I've done panos before. I was taught to do them by hand. Satisfying? Maybe. Time consuming? Definitely. So I decided to try out Photoshop's photo merge. I like panos, so I'm not sure why I haven't tried this before now. The photos were from our 2008 motorcycle tour. Not much to say really. Photoshop did all the work. I'm impressed with how quick and how well it stitched the photos together. I'm rather pleased with the results. Not a great pano by any means, but not bad for a group of snapshots. It's inspired me to go out a get some more photo sets and try a few more panos.

Happy Holidays to All & Be Safe out there!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, Kari...very nice! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BlueKat:

    Very nice. It has been a few years since we were down to Crater Lake. On my travels I most always take panoramas but they remain unstitched on my hard drive. Lately I've switched over to video panoramas.

    bob
    bobskoot: wet coast scootin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Mike, glad you enjoyed it.

    Hi Bobskoot
    Thanks. That's what happened with mine...sitting and waiting. I think now I'll be inspired to finish them...or go take some new ones. Video panos sound nice. I haven't yet ventured into videography.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just think how it will turn out when you plan for it and do it on purpose!

    ReplyDelete