Friday, January 15, 2010

Faded Roses


I spent a little time this morning learning different settings on the G11. I don't trust my post processing yet. I'm still not sure if I tend to oversharpen.

I selected and blurred the background a little more on this one.The bouquet was for my birthday a couple weeks ago. Yes this is commentary on my housekeeping...I haven't thrown them out yet. Why do you think I blurred the background? To disguise the fact that I'm playing with photos and not cleaning house.

4 comments:

  1. Very nice shots Kari. Nice color and they don't look oversharpened to me. And even with the blurry background your housekeeping looks fine! :)

    Really nice lighting on the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yeah! I agree with Mike! They look great and a blurry bookcase is always a great background! Love the composition and colors! I got my G9 probably just over a year ago. Can you believe they are up to the G11 already! Great cameras for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Mike,
    I wasn't sure if maybe I over did it a bit. Per the housekeeping, if it wasn't blurry you wouldn't be able to say that! :)

    Hi Eve,
    and Thanks! I hadn't planned for the book case, so it was one of those happy accidents. Yes, the G series is great. I'm really enjoying having a small camera with so much control.

    kari

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't the G11 great? The more I learn how to use it, the better I like it. Now, if we could only find a permanent wide aperature view to see only the beauty and nothing else, huh?

    ReplyDelete