Friday, February 5, 2010

1525

That's how many miles I rode this past month. I am so jazzed! Sorry...just some gratuitous back patting.

I rode to work three times this week. I drove the car one day. The day I took the car it rained for five minutes. The days I rode the bike it rained solidly the whole time. The upside? Well, apparently my gear is waterproof. Except the gloves. They have been on the drying rack every evening. Might have to rethink those.

Earlier this week (while in a downpour) I saw another rider. I looked at him (or her) and he looked at me. I think we both had that "wow, another rider out in the rain" expression on our faces, not that we could tell through the shields. A shared moment, brief, then gone.

No pics cuz' it was rainin'. :)

Be safe out there...dry weather is coming! Or so they say.
kari

7 comments:

  1. It's been way too chilly in to ride here in Alabama Kari. We're going to look at Harley's tomorrow! Yikes! I'm in love with the Iron 883. Am I going to switch my ride? Maybe not this year, but you never know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bluekat/Kari:

    Wow, that is a lot of miles for this time of year . You're right about the rain, it's getting depressing.

    bob
    bobskoot: wet coast scootin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Eve,
    Have fun looking at bikes. Bike browsing is always a good way to spend the day. Dangerous though. You never know what might follow you home. :)


    Hi Bobskoot
    I'm not really complaining...it wasn't unpleasant. I'm just sucking up any sympathy I can get.

    It's funny, the rain doesn't bother me too much anymore. We started bicycling in 2003 and ride rain or shine. I guess that's how I discovered that I didn't have to stay inside when it rains. I'm not sure why I waited until this winter to try it on the motorcycle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Kari! Nice milage for January. I hate that when I take the car and it doesn't rain much. Years ago I did the Seattle to Portland (STP) bike ride and it rained all day the first day. That day made me realize that a person can adapt to anything. After a while I didn't notice it. Same on a motorcycle only we dress more weatherproof.

    Keep up the good work... I mean play!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mike,
    Even I'm not crazy enough to ride the STP!

    lol-my thoughts when I left work in the car: "it better rain on me before I get home"! You know you're in bad shape when you wish a downpour on yourself. :)

    Looks like we'll get some nice weather this weekend...hope you get a nice DRY ride in!
    kari

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulation on the mileage. I salute you!

    ReplyDelete