Monday, June 21, 2010

An Addition to the Family

Everyone is posting up their ride to work stories. I have none to post as I didn't go to work today or even ride. Still it has been an eventful day, following an eventful week past.  I'll share one of today's event as it cheers me up.

 What my youngest brought home today.
Did I ever say my kids were allowed to ride...I don't think so!

His cousin is a new rider this year too. It's  always scary to let  our children partake of risky activities, but I also believe risk is a part of life. Be smart, but don't hide from life. Still young men and motorcycles...

The ride...

So the boy has a new ride: 78 Honda CX500. It has a few things that need fixing before it's ready to roll, but basically it runs good and is in decent shape. I badgered him into signing up for a class. He said he planned to take the course anyway, I just wanted to be sure. :)

The rider...
 All tucked in with the fam
Yes I know...the garage needs a cleaning...

6 comments:

  1. Nice! You're going to need a bigger garage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kari:

    there's no room for us to park our bikes when we visit.

    when I first read new addition, I was thinking of something else.

    bob
    Wet Coast Scootin

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's very cool! Will the three of you ride together, actually four with your nephew?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Eve,
    lol - we've needed a bigger garage for a long, long time!

    Hi Bobskoot,
    I'm an organizer...Always room for more. Hmmm what kind of addition? Not "that" kind of addition! Not for now anyway. :)

    Hi Mike,
    I'm not sure if I can ride with my son or not. I love that he wants to ride, but it scares me to watch him ride. I went through this angst with the skateboard phase too. :)

    I'm not sure how this family suddenly became so motorcycle friendly. There are six of us who ride. I'm pretty sure we'll try to have some kind of family ride.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had an '82 GL500 which was a the same platform, just more touring oriented. Great motor and bike.

    It would be so cool if I was your son's instructor. I'm teaching a few more times in Albany this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Irondad,
    Yeah, that would be pretty cool. :)

    I think their class is Jul 13. I didn't know there were classes during the week, but it's great for Chris since he works weekends.

    He and his cousin signed up for the same class. Whoever is instructing should know that from 2nd through 12th grade, Lebanon School district refused to let them have a class together... something about an incident in first grade concerning sharp pencils and scissors and the intent to maim one another. Boys... worst enemies and best friends... I'm pretty sure they've outgrown those kinds of shenanigans...pretty sure...

    ReplyDelete