Oregon Coast
f/6.3 • 1/800 sec • ISO-80 • Canon G11
Monochrome processed in Photoshop
for more monochrome images.
One from our walk along the Oregon Coast this week. I'm not happy with the composition, but everyone was in a rush to move on. Ah well, now I have an excuse to return when there is more time to compose and experiment.
'Please visit The weekend in Black and White for more monochrome images.

I like the graininess of the sand and how it transitions to the horizon. I like the fact that you can see people way in the background. And that's a lot of seaweed but I had to click on the image to make sure. It looks also like it could be a cable which makes it intriguing.
ReplyDeleteWelcome!
ReplyDeleteIs it cable? It doesn't look quite like the "boot lace" weed I'm used to. Certainly a place to revisit.
Nice template - I like this one.
ReplyDeleteHi Mike,
ReplyDeleteIt does look like cable. The lack of color and detail make it difficult to tell. I think I went a little too dark with it, trying to get it to stand out against the sand.
Thanks...Glad you like the new look. I've been playing with the new templates/layouts. I was trying to set it up so I can post larger photos, but then I got caught up with the whole design thing and this was the result. It's only about half done, I have a few other things I want to do as time allows.
Hi Dragonstar,
ReplyDeleteThanks for the welcome.
No, not cable. It's seaweed, but as mentioned above, I think I went too dark with it. Good excuse to go and try again. :)