Don't Fence Me In
f/4 • 1/400 sec • ISO-400 • Canon G11
We went for a bicycle ride with some friends the other evening, and had to stop to tighten a rattle on the bike. I couldn't resist this broken down fence near the road. I like the texture of the fence boards and the interesting grass, and I like how the light brightens areas of the fence. I didn't even notice the light at the time. So many things I miss on the spot, only to discover them later on the computer. Converted to monochrome and added a slight warming filter over the whole image.

Really nice shot Kari! I agree, it's nice the way the light hits it and I like what you did with the warming filter. It gives it some age and makes me wonder what its purpose was. Good thing the bike rattle was right there! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Mike,
ReplyDeleteToo bad that all stops aren't as "scenic" :)
You are doing wonderfully with your Lab color Kari! Your photos are impressive! So how do you get them big in the blog? I'm sure I could figure it out but if you have time let me know...don't worry if youre busy.
ReplyDeleteHi Eve, Thanks
ReplyDeleteWhen composing a post if you have a photo added, click on the photo to select it and there should be a box underneath that lets you select different sizes for the photo. I think you could also edit the html to change the size, but I haven't tried it. I think you can only go so big depending on the layout/template you're using.
I'm using the "simple" template. Under layout I selected the full width body(no gadgets along the side). Under width I set to 800px wide. I'm not sure how much of this has to be done, but it lets me choose extra large for photo display. Hope this helps. Please always feel free to ask. :)