Sunday, July 4, 2010

Little Honda

 I should have known when I saw that Ron had taken the truck that something was afoot.
Actually, I knew another bike was coming home, agreed to it even. We've been wanting a project, and I'm just as culpable in this aquisition. It's a cute little bugger.
Somehow, somewhere we crossed a line. I was given a stern lecture (several times actually) that we only need one motorcycle for each of us. But we crossed that line. You let one in the house, feed it, give it a home and more will turn up on the doorstep...or in the case, driveway.
 
We actually have two of these little CB200s. The first one we got as a way to learn the mechanics of motorcycles.  When we finally dug into it we found the motor was seized.  We were going to just part it out. Then someone at work, knew someone else, who had this other one. It has a few issues, but it runs.

I think she would make a cute little cafe racer.

We really gotta quit draggin' home strays.

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new addition! It starts with one and goes from there. Bikes are like Pringles..... I bet you can't have just one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kari:

    OH GOODIE, now I will have something to ride if I didn't bring my bike. Oh thank you

    bob
    Wet Coast Scootin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cafe racer! Was the first thought that crossed my mind. Some bikes are just like stray cats, and if they like you they will hang around... Congrats to the newest addition to your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Trobairitz,
    Yes, too much like pringles...it's a slippery slope we've started down.


    lol - Bobskoot
    Your welcome! We have to get it to stay running first or you may end up pushing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Comments appear, comments disappear...
    blogger seems to have issues lately

    Hi Mike
    That's what I'm afraid of! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It defiantly has the lines to make a great cafe racer. I look forward to seeing it's transformation. GAW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sonja,
    I'm still having mystery comments popping up here! Stray cats is a good and scary analogy. :)

    Hi GAW,
    I wouldn't hold my breath...projects at our house sometimes get drawn out for a long, long, LONG time. :)

    ReplyDelete