Sunset
I have to drive to find a sunset. In fact I have to drive to find a sunrise. That is the nature of living in town with houses close together.
I packed up the camera, the tripod, and the dog and we went in search of a sunset. This turns out to be a 20 minute drive with the sun glaring straight into my eyes. I didn't find a perfect scene. I found a wide spot in the road just as the sun was disappearing. I captured (count them with me) ONE photo somewhat in focus! I have a lot of nice fuzzy ones, but fuzzy only counts on teddy bears.
Uninspired photography seems to be an end of summer tradition with me. I'm tired of pretty flowers, but the autumn leaves are only hinting of colors to come. Inspiration is missing. My Muse has skipped town. I can hear my design instructor's lecture about "the lack of inspiration" echoing in my head, "there is no excuse for it, make it happen". Perhaps instead of seeking sunsets I'm seeking my Muse.
I packed up the camera, the tripod, and the dog and we went in search of a sunset. This turns out to be a 20 minute drive with the sun glaring straight into my eyes. I didn't find a perfect scene. I found a wide spot in the road just as the sun was disappearing. I captured (count them with me) ONE photo somewhat in focus! I have a lot of nice fuzzy ones, but fuzzy only counts on teddy bears.
Sunset over Mary's Peak.
Uninspired photography seems to be an end of summer tradition with me. I'm tired of pretty flowers, but the autumn leaves are only hinting of colors to come. Inspiration is missing. My Muse has skipped town. I can hear my design instructor's lecture about "the lack of inspiration" echoing in my head, "there is no excuse for it, make it happen". Perhaps instead of seeking sunsets I'm seeking my Muse.

Beautiful picture, I love the different shades with just the hint of a sun peeking through ;-)
ReplyDeleteVery nice Kari! Nice blast of color with the tops of the clouds highlighted. These scenes are amazingly beautiful. It not only shows the beauty of our planet but also the power of the sun.
ReplyDeleteSummer does seem more bland for photos with glaring sun and all. I'm looking forward to fall and winter for the photo ops.
Thanks George :)
ReplyDeleteIt's always a fun surprise to see what turns up with the sunset.
Hi Mike,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful and fleeting, like a brief gift at the end of the day. I'm ready for autumn leaves and scenery (a good excuse for a ride in the woods!), and later the subtle, muted colors in winter.