One more from McDowell Creek

f/5.6  •  .77 sec  •  ISO-100
Inside myself is a place where I live all alone, and that's where I renew my springs that never dry up.
~Pearl Buck 

There hasn't been many opportunities for photography this week. This is another image from my trip to McDowell Creek Park a couple weeks ago. It was a good learning experience and I need to return to the scene of the crime to see if I can make better.  I'm not fond of this composition. It looked pretty at the park, but on screen it looks cluttered and busy. Note to self: find a focal point and isolate it. Get the other elements to work with that focal point rather than distract away from it. I think I haven't learned to really "observe" when I'm setting up a shoot. I'm too impatient (who me?). I want to point, shoot, and go. That won't ever get me the image I want. 

Comments

  1. I like the composition....with that little main waterfall there near the middle... it draws me in~ So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful shot! I think you're too hard on yourself. First of all it's really clear and crisp. Stunning is a good word for it. I agree with Stacey, the main waterfall is what draws me in. Then the eye gets carried around by the other trickles of water and the rocks and logs. Can you say Hallmark card? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Mike,
    lol - I haven't heard from Hallmark yet! :)

    I'm just trying to work through what I would do different next time. I don't dislike the image, it just didn't turn out as planned. Sometimes writing about it gives me some focus.

    I didn't notice all the other stuff competing in the image with the falls at the time. Not too unlike drivers who don't notice the motorcycle as it moves along in traffic. I simply saw "waterfall" and filtered out the rest! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just photograph, I never think much about angles or focus, I think it's a beautiful picture :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Silver Creek Falls State Park, 03-19-11

Overnighter at the Coast

Yamaha V-Star 1100