Seven Year Itch
Waterloo Park 2003
I haven't shot many images lately so I dug into the archives and came up with this little antique. Taken in November 2003 (hence the seven years bit) with my first digital camera, a Fuji finepix S5000. I believe it was a 5 image pano of the Santiam River at Waterloo Park. I get bragging rights, because it was done with PS6 or 7, and it was stitched together by hand. I knew of no other way back then, and perhaps it was the only way at that time. There was some nice fall color in 2003, and that lovely white sky. Well, maybe I messed up the processing, there is some blue sky reflected in the water. Lot's of things I could nit-pick, but I was pretty new to digital photography at the time.
Hope everyone is having a nice autumn season. It won't be long before everyone is posting up their best Christmas pics.

That's a beautiful panorama. I love panorama's :-)but when riding always forget to take multiple shot to create panoramas. I need to ride alone so I can take my time.
ReplyDeleteVery nice panorama and I wouldn't have noticed the white sky and it's blue reflection if you hadn't mentioned it. I'm thinking about giving up Photoshop and going with Aperature. In Aperature you could paint that sky blue! Actually it probably can be done in PS but would be too complicated.
ReplyDeleteI really like the fall colors in this shot and how the eyes are carried around to each side. I'd like to be there now!
Gorgeous panorama...wow!
ReplyDeleteThank you George,
ReplyDeleteI often forget too, which is why I have only a few panos, and most weren't taken on a ride. :)
Hi Mike,
ReplyDeleteI'll be interested in what you think of Aperture. I haven't tried it. I really hate learning new software, and PS goes with my job, so I'll probably never change. I've painted skies, or dropped in skies from other pics, but depending on the scene it can be tedious. Thanks :)
Hi Stacey, and thank you! :)
ReplyDeleteIt's funny all those years ago, I got my first digital camera, I took this bunch of photos at the park, and after that I pretty much dropped photography, excepting snapshots, until 2007.
Thanks for stopping by