Doorway

f/9  •  1/320  sec  •  ISO-200
 
What is it about doorways? Like pathways and windows, they entice the artist and beg to be photographed. I don't know where this door leads. It's on a funky collage of a building in a nearby town. The building itself is just as intriguing as the doorway. 

Comments

  1. You are so right about doorways. Love the textures and colors here. And what a great project, to have a photo collection of interesting doorways!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen and thanks.
    It would be fun to start a collection. They kind of sneak up on you, a nice surprise when out for walk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think most people would see a ratty wall, you saw a thing of beauty, and captured it on "film". Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder where it leads too. I wonder what that building was in it's "hay-day". The red brick showing through the white in some areas makes for an interesting texture. Nice shot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a work of art Kari! Glad you photographed it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Ken,
    I kinda like these old, worn, places, full of interesting textures. Ratty is a good description, as long as no real rats show up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mike,
    I'd be interested to know more about the building. I'll have to see if I can dig something up. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Eve,
    Some of our bicycle rides meet behind the building, so I'm often drawn to take photos when I'm in the area. It's an interesting old building. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's quite a door. I love all the varying textures surrounding it. Nice find.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't care what's behind the door and where it might lead to...this photograph is a feast to the naked eye...I just love it...totally

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm with you, this is an awesome old door. Great capture.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you Scott.
    It's a strange building. I've since learned it was at one time a general store, a theatre, and later a lumber Company.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Silver Creek Falls State Park, 03-19-11

Overnighter at the Coast

Yamaha V-Star 1100