Confessions

  f/8  •  1/1000  sec  •  ISO-200
Thompson's Mill, Shedd Oregon
There has been very little photography happening here. I hope that changes soon. I processed this one some time ago, and then set it aside. Maybe it was waiting for a day such as this. 

Comments

  1. I like the black & white treatment. You will come to learn that I am a sucker for B&W. These old carriage sheds are cool, especially later on when owners used them to house their newly aquired "horseless carriage". Then you get the mixture of smells, automotive drippings and the earth. Not many left these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beautiful photo Kari. and sometimes the camera needs a rest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sinbad
    B&W has been growing on me. Some photos seem made for black & white. Yeah, not too many of the carriage houses left these days. Great description of the smells. It reminds me of a shed we used to have. It was mostly unused, but I think my grandparents car may have been stored there. What I remember is the dirt floor and that musty, auto-dirt smell. I'd forgotten all about that until you mentioned the smells. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Eve and thanks,
    Yeah sometimes rest is good, but it's been getting a really long nap! It's time to wake up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go thy way and sin no more.... :) (That means for for a long ride and take the camera!)

    Love the pic, many years ago we rented a house that had a similar shed (along with a coal furnace in the old house). The winter after we moved out the shed collapsed on the new occupants car.... :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and I love your new header!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ken,
    Well, haven't heard that verse translated quite like that, but I like it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice B&W image! I too like your header... very nice! My camera has been resting too. That happens sometimes, I think. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Mike,
    Yes, I guess it does. Better cameras napping than motorcycles!
    You know, we need to get together sometime :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Silver Creek Falls State Park, 03-19-11

Overnighter at the Coast

Yamaha V-Star 1100