It's a long way to strong

First ride of 2011. Head to Shedd. Ron and I rode to the hospital to meet up with Dennis, Mary Ellen, Al, Wade, Ken, and Bill. Tom and Barbi showed up on their tandem a few minutes after us. It was COLD, but it was a dry and a pretty day. Dennis tried to bail by claiming Mary Ellen forgot to put his helmet in the car, but Ron offered up his extra if Dennis wanted to drive by the house. Off Ron and Dennis went to pick up the extra lid. Al varied the the route to avoid slippery Rock Hill Drive, riding through Sandridge instead. We attempted a stop at Thompson's mill, but it was closed for the holiday. On to Shedd we rode, and fortunately we found the market open. Lunch was at the market and then we headed back via Wirth Rd, Ridge Drive. Ron and I were feeling pretty slow and tired. With only 644 miles ridden last year it's gonna be a long way to strong. We told the others to go on and we had a relaxing ride home at our own slow pace.
At one point we spotted Bill coming from the other direction. He turned in front of us and was soon gone. I think he may have missed a turn.I tried out my gorilla pod on the handle bars. Works good for video, but all the photos came out blurry. I think I like it better on the lanyard so I can aim in all directions as it suits me.

It was very good to be back on the bicycles. A good start to the new year.
Miles: 35.17
Tm:     3.06:37
Av:     11.30
Max:   29.52

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Silver Creek Falls State Park, 03-19-11

Overnighter at the Coast

Yamaha V-Star 1100