Silver Creek Falls State Park, 03-19-11
Warning: Long post alert! A week or so ago Ron and I took a hike at Silver Falls State Park . Warm summer afternoons will find hundreds of people hiking at the park. It's a constant battle of passing slow hikers...usually in groups, and bumping past oncoming hikers. Not exactly a peaceful forest experience. Take a hike on a cool, wet afternoon, and you'll find far fewer hikers. The hike is called the Trail of Ten Falls . On this day we will visit 6 of the 10 falls, and be treated to a number of unofficial falls running off the slopes of the canyon. South Falls is probably the most visited of all the falls. It's close to the day use area, and can be viewed without hiking down the canyon. The trail goes behind the falls, but we opt to take the foot bridge for the better view. An aside, my co-worker claims to have repelled over South Falls (and came up short on rope). South Falls, 177 ft. Canyon Trail Off we go down the trail and to a series of stairs taking ...
I've always thought photos like these, where the photographer's image is captured in a refection are always interesting, different and plain cool. Well done. Now if I'd would only think of doing that to myself. I like too how you include your settings. But that would be too much for me to consider also. Very sharp for a 15th of a second. You have very steady hands.
ReplyDeleteIt's almost like "looking for Waldo!"
ReplyDeleteNice job.
Neat idea, at first I didn't see you but then I realized you had to be there since you took it directly in front of the glass ;-)
ReplyDeleteKari:
ReplyDeleteI'm going cross-eyed trying to see your image. Next time post up the RAW file.
bob
Riding the Wet Coast
Hi Sinbad
ReplyDeleteI started including settings in the hope I would learn something from them. Instead I'm often left puzzling over why I picked the settings I did.
It must have been a serendipitous moment, I really don't have steady hands ( I have the blurry pics to prove it). I was surprised when I saw the shutter speed myself.
lol Stacy,
ReplyDeleteYes I guess it rather is! :)
Thank you
Hi George,
ReplyDeleteI was in stealth mode. :)
Hi Bob,
ReplyDeleteDidn't your mom warn you not to cross your eyes...they might stick that way. ;)
I sent you an email, let me know if it doesn't make it.
Your camera skills are amazing!
ReplyDeleteWell Ken, I dunno about skills,
ReplyDeletebut thank you :)
Very nice shot and great idea! I too had to look hard for you which adds to the image. :)
ReplyDeleteGood shot. I have tried this reflection-shot on occasion: http://buckysride.blogspot.com/2009/11/old-esso-filling-station-near-landrum.html
ReplyDeleteThat's one way to capture yourself! Nice...love the mono look. Thanks for stopping by!
ReplyDeleteThank you Mike,
ReplyDeleteIf I was easy to spot, I probably wouldn't have posted it :)
Thanks Bucky,
ReplyDeleteand thanks for the link, I'll be checking it out as soon as I'm finished here!
Thanks Linnea :)
ReplyDeleteTHERE YOU ARE!!! hahaha it took me a minute to find you Kari! Love the photo!
ReplyDeleteHi Eve,
ReplyDeleteYeah, I was hiding :)
Thanks