And then there's the remembering of the steps taken...
I haven't been in much of a photography mood lately, but there are plenty of photos hanging around my pictures file that have never had their moment to shine. Scott over at Just Used Pixels has something he calls Phun Phriday, well it's Phriday so I had some phun.
The image is from a local wildlife refuge. Yeah I know, why a picket fence at a wildlife refuge? Finley wildlife refuge started out as a farm. There is an old farmhouse, carriage house and big red barn as well as acres and acres filled with water, trails, and the requisite wildlife. The photo itself is something of a dud, but I liked the subject, so thought maybe some playing with filters is in order.
Which brings me back to steps taken.
I use photoshop, but I imagine the filters might be found in other software. First I copied the layer and I think I applied 'accented edges' first. I changed the layer to overlay and used high pass for effect. I wanted more texture, so added some grain as well. That's about it. I wanted a new banner image for another blog and this is what I came up with. I hadn't thought about sharing it here. It hardly seems to be a photo anymore, but it has its' origins in photography and I'm no purist about these sorts of things.
Here's the original
The image is from a local wildlife refuge. Yeah I know, why a picket fence at a wildlife refuge? Finley wildlife refuge started out as a farm. There is an old farmhouse, carriage house and big red barn as well as acres and acres filled with water, trails, and the requisite wildlife. The photo itself is something of a dud, but I liked the subject, so thought maybe some playing with filters is in order.
Which brings me back to steps taken.
I use photoshop, but I imagine the filters might be found in other software. First I copied the layer and I think I applied 'accented edges' first. I changed the layer to overlay and used high pass for effect. I wanted more texture, so added some grain as well. That's about it. I wanted a new banner image for another blog and this is what I came up with. I hadn't thought about sharing it here. It hardly seems to be a photo anymore, but it has its' origins in photography and I'm no purist about these sorts of things.
Here's the original


So glad you got your phun on and played! Cool!
ReplyDeleteNicely done. I like how the rust from the nails pops on the white of the uneven boards. On the original I also like the angle of the tree trunk. It causes some unanswered questions. Phun shots!
ReplyDeleteNice work, could be used as part of a romantic article in a magazine ;-)
ReplyDeleteThanks Stacey :)
ReplyDeleteHi Mike,
ReplyDeleteHmmm, you're right about the trunk. It's been a while since that visit - I don't quite remember what was up with the tree. Guess I'll need to pay another visit :)
Thanks George,
ReplyDeleteWell if any magazine is buying... ;)