I didn't have to return the Epic until Sunday afternoon, so that left us time for a quick morning ride. I recently rode the Rockhopper to Cheadle Lake, so it would be a good comparison for the Epic. We rode from home and the Epic isn't too bad on pavement. Not a road bike for sure, but easy enough to roll along.
 |
| Cheadle Lake. Yes there is a lake there somewhere |
It's a foggy morning. The thick, gloomy kind of fog that isn't pretty, and isn't much fun. Still, maybe it's because I'm on a bicycle, but it doesn't seem so bad.
One ride on the Rockhopper was enough to know I didn't want to ride there again. It was a slog going through the fine gravel on the trail, and the rougher trails filled with larger rocks were just harsh and not enjoyable. I'd rather walk.
 |
| Local wildlife were not so impressed |
The Epic excelled on both surfaces. The big wheels made quick work of the fine gravel, and was simply a pleasure to ride over the rougher surfaces. Ron took it for a spin and declared it a fine ride. He took quite a beating riding his old Giant ATX on the trails.
 |
| Ron riding the Epic...seat's a little low :) |
We returned the Epic to Peak Sports in the afternoon. I definitely think I would enjoy a 29er now that I know I can find a bike that fits well enough, and they don't feel too big. I had one complaint on the fit. The handlebars seem a little high for my taste. At the bike store they said the bars could be lowered a little, or the stem could be flipped to get them even lower. That would probably be enough for me.
Comments
Post a Comment