Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Looking forward to 2012

I'm getting rather jazzed about the upcoming year, and the events that may be unfolding. We had a club board meeting tonight and went over some of the rides and events that are being planned. We have some old favorite rides on the calendar this year. Old favorites: Tulip Festival, the Fernridge Ride. Mt Pleasant - which I have yet to ride the full loop. Some new routes that sound good, and of course the Newport-Rogue Brewery Ride.

Ron and I haven't done the Newport ride for a few years. Too hard when I haven't trained enough. This year I'm looking forward to more riding, and more challenging riding. There is also a tentative plan in the works to ride the Old McKenzie Highway. This will probably be a two-day ride, lodging in Sisters or perhaps Belknap Springs. Guess where most people want to stay!

But, the thing I'm most excited about is the summer tour: The Ochoco Challenge. Roger had dropped a hint that this would be the tour, and I knew that this time around I have to ride it. I love this area. It's perfect for bicycle and motorcycle - pick your poison. July 8-14...I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment