Warning: Long post alert! A week or so ago Ron and I took a hike at Silver Falls State Park . Warm summer afternoons will find hundreds of people hiking at the park. It's a constant battle of passing slow hikers...usually in groups, and bumping past oncoming hikers. Not exactly a peaceful forest experience. Take a hike on a cool, wet afternoon, and you'll find far fewer hikers. The hike is called the Trail of Ten Falls . On this day we will visit 6 of the 10 falls, and be treated to a number of unofficial falls running off the slopes of the canyon. South Falls is probably the most visited of all the falls. It's close to the day use area, and can be viewed without hiking down the canyon. The trail goes behind the falls, but we opt to take the foot bridge for the better view. An aside, my co-worker claims to have repelled over South Falls (and came up short on rope). South Falls, 177 ft. Canyon Trail Off we go down the trail and to a series of stairs taking ...
BlueKat:
ReplyDeleteWOW, so much riding. You must be in good shape to be riding up and down all those trails. I don't think I could do it. You would have to come back and give me a PUSH, or send out the search party . . .
bob
Riding the Wet Coast
I've been enjoying the bicycling blog and am amazed at all the mountain climbing. When are they coming out with the electric mountain bike?
ReplyDeleteGood to see you blogging! Change is always good and refreshing.
ReplyDeleteCool new set up - love the colors.
ReplyDeleteI went to a merger of two blogs last year... ended up with a big mess as well. I am impressed with your riding, I mean the man powered style... not so much my cup of tea. I know I am lazy. Maybe it is just my old eyes, but I would not mind if you could increase the letter size a bit ;-)
ReplyDeleteBob, No sweat! You live near one of the mtn bike meccas - Whistler. Just ride the lift up and fly downhill! (Frankly, I'd be scared to death to ride at Whistler!!)
ReplyDeleteHi Richard,
Electric Mtn bikes - here ya go! :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-EX2URSoeE
(actually I didn't think one existed lol)
Thanks Dar,
Good to be back!
Thanks Brandy, it's a work in process....kinda like most of my projects, perpetually in process.
Hi Sonja,
Yeah it freaks me out to mess with blogger too much. I keep a test blog to experiment with. That helps, but still, nasty little surprises can pop up. I increased the font size a bit. Let me know if that helps.