Wednesday, February 8, 2012

29/29 - EIGHT: Bike Neglect

We've all seem them. Sad little (or big) bikes banished to the barn, gathering dust in the back of the shop, or left leaning against a lonely wall to gather moss and rust. :-(

In 2005, long before I had any interest in bikes, you could find this little fellow beside our garage.
Suzuki 125
Poor little Suzi. I couldn't even tell you it's tale...I had to ask Ron. Apparently our nephew acquired the bike, but couldn't get it running. Ron bought it for $20, most likely with ambitions of restoring it to it's former glory. And there it sat.

and sat... for I don't know for how long. Eventually the nephew wanted it back and we granted his wish. Our brother-in-law was not so thrilled. The little Suzuki ended up in his shop where it was dismembered and left scattered about the place. Sadly that's pretty much the end of the tale. I think a few pieces can still be found over at the brother-in-law's shop.

16 comments:

  1. Looks pretty neat. Almost like a predecessor of the TU.

    We all have good intentions with projects, unfortunately it doesn't always work out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, when I dug up the photo, it made me think of the TU. Now I wish we'd have gotten her running, but alas twas' not to be.

      Delete
  2. My little brother kept a Honda XL185 for the same reason, the bike eventually ended up scattered all over the garage, and nothing got ever done. Some bikes are not meant to survive. Sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's probably an all to common tale.

      Delete
  3. Poor little bike. She was pretty sweet looking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was a cutie. I remember when she was here, and I barely even noticed her. Terrible I know. :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. In pieces and missing pieces. I think her riding days are done :(

      Delete
  5. BlueKat:

    I was thinking of a Project bike, but then, not being a mechanic the pieces would probably end up scattered all over the place, and then moved into boxes never to be ridden again. It's the way of the world. It seems so easy to take things apart. I am sure if I brought the pieces over to your Ron, he could get it running again

    bob
    Riding the Wet Coast

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You hit the nail on the head:
      "It seems so easy to take things apart."
      That's how these tragedies start!

      Delete
  6. Poor thing. :(

    I just poured out some of the OE 40 i'm drinking at work, in its honor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, thanks for the nice little memorial :)

      Delete
  7. My KZ900 is facing the same fate, I don't have the know how to fix it and the gentleman I sold it to has moved on to other things. Maybe it'll be that one in a million barn find one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :( More sad endings to good motorcycles. Let's hope not!

      Delete
  8. Aw, sad. Like an old abandoned dog. Owners just decided they didn't have the time or attention it deserved...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We need a motorbike rescue program! :)
      Give them homes they deserve. (I'm already out since I have an abuse record)

      Delete