Silver Creek Falls State Park, 03-19-11
Warning: Long post alert! A week or so ago Ron and I took a hike at Silver Falls State Park . Warm summer afternoons will find hundreds of people hiking at the park. It's a constant battle of passing slow hikers...usually in groups, and bumping past oncoming hikers. Not exactly a peaceful forest experience. Take a hike on a cool, wet afternoon, and you'll find far fewer hikers. The hike is called the Trail of Ten Falls . On this day we will visit 6 of the 10 falls, and be treated to a number of unofficial falls running off the slopes of the canyon. South Falls is probably the most visited of all the falls. It's close to the day use area, and can be viewed without hiking down the canyon. The trail goes behind the falls, but we opt to take the foot bridge for the better view. An aside, my co-worker claims to have repelled over South Falls (and came up short on rope). South Falls, 177 ft. Canyon Trail Off we go down the trail and to a series of stairs taking ...
I am hoping Wiarton Wilie is right and we are having an early spring, because it sure felt like spring today and every two wheeled vehicle was out sharing the road with the cagers. I rode Miss Scarlett today and met up with a friend after work for a little rip along the oceanside.
ReplyDeleteGood that you got a ride in! I'm loving the weather, but I know the rains will return. Just the usual February teaser!
DeleteI didn't ride to work either and none of my coworkers ride.
ReplyDeleteEvery once in a while we have bikes parked in front of Starbucks. I take my camera to work just in case, lol.
It's a pretty rare day that my coworkers ride to work. They are dedicated fair weather riders. Starbucks close to work? That's rough! ;)
DeleteLike the handlebars of that Honda. Would look good on my Sporty, too.
ReplyDeleteI had to go and look...I didn't even notice when I snapped the pic. I do believe you're right, they would go nicely on the Sporty. :)
DeleteThat had to be a cold ride without a windscreen, it was 25˚ this morning.
ReplyDeleteAgreed, and he doesn't usually ride unless it's nice out. I think he may just be riding in town, so maybe that's not so bad.
DeleteThis is like a game of 1-2-3 .. NOT IT! I didn't ride in to work today either. Just too sleepy, cranky and didn't feel like being cold. One of THOSE mornings.
ReplyDeleteI never see anyone else who rides parked at my office building.
I think about 4 of us ride, but I'm the only one who ventures out in all kinds of weather. To make up for it, I rode today (7) :)
ReplyDelete