Oak Creek to Dimple Hill
The cold and rain have continued from yesterday, but at a much calmer rate. Ron wanted a quick ride just to spin out a little and work out the kinks in his legs. I wanted to ride up to Dimple Hill from the Oak Creek side as there is a small section we have yet to ride. This will finish out the total route for us.
We started at busy Oak Creek trail head. No matter what the weather, the trail head is always busy with hikers, dogs, bikes and runners.It's a steady but easy climb for about 3.5 miles to the intersection. The bad thing about the weather conditions is the extremes from being too hot when climbing to freezing when descending or stopped. Once again I don't have a good ride and have to suck up another gel pack. Ticks me off, because I should be capable of doing this ride with no problems. I think it's a nutrition/fueling problem, but that is the stuff of racers, and I'm not that knowledgeable about nutrition for cyclists.
After the gel I feel pretty good again and make it to the top. We didn't ride clear up to the viewpoint. It wasn't the plan, and we were wet and cold, ready to be back in the car. Shortly before arriving at the top we hit a skiff of snow. None on the road, but you could find it along the hillsides and just off the trail.
Thankfully the ride back down is very quick. The only downside was I lost my safety glasses, and had to descend with no eye protection...here's to mud in your eye!
forgot my computer so my best guess
Just under 7 miles total
elevation: 488 - 1330 aprox
We started at busy Oak Creek trail head. No matter what the weather, the trail head is always busy with hikers, dogs, bikes and runners.It's a steady but easy climb for about 3.5 miles to the intersection. The bad thing about the weather conditions is the extremes from being too hot when climbing to freezing when descending or stopped. Once again I don't have a good ride and have to suck up another gel pack. Ticks me off, because I should be capable of doing this ride with no problems. I think it's a nutrition/fueling problem, but that is the stuff of racers, and I'm not that knowledgeable about nutrition for cyclists.
After the gel I feel pretty good again and make it to the top. We didn't ride clear up to the viewpoint. It wasn't the plan, and we were wet and cold, ready to be back in the car. Shortly before arriving at the top we hit a skiff of snow. None on the road, but you could find it along the hillsides and just off the trail.
![]() |
| C-c-c-cold. |
![]() |
| It's official, we rode in snow...I can justify that Snow bike now! |
Thankfully the ride back down is very quick. The only downside was I lost my safety glasses, and had to descend with no eye protection...here's to mud in your eye!
![]() |
| Dirty bikes |
forgot my computer so my best guess
Just under 7 miles total
elevation: 488 - 1330 aprox








Comments
Post a Comment