Despite being sick, I wasn't about to pass up a ride on Friday. We have new bikes awaiting their inaugural ride. We have sunshine and unseasonably warm weather forecast, and Ron has the day off. Yeah, I'm not staying home nursing a cold!
 |
| 2011 Trek/Gary Fisher X-Caliber WSD |
 |
| Unhappy to be sick. Happy to be on the trails |
It was a short, easy and familiar ride, from the saddle to Dimple Hill and down Dan's trail. We don't have computers on the bikes yet, but it seemed like we climbed a little quicker. Oh, and you really can stand and pedal on an uphill. 29er hardtails are great forest road bikes.
 |
| Geez! Stop with the bike pictures already. Yeah I'm a little obsessed right now. |
 |
| Only one photo of Ron and his new ride: X-Caliber |
Really enjoy the bikes. The big wheels make quick work of any gravel, deep or compacted, and roll over most any bump in the trail. Well, they didn't roll over this particular bump.
 |
| Tree down on Dans Trail |
Ron rode more of the ditches than I, but I did ride a couple. We both walked the big nasty one.
 |
| Photos lie. This was a much deeper ditch in real life. Ron rode, I walked. |
I had a near tumble in one switchback, and one tumble that left me splatted on the trail in another switchback. (Thank goodness mud is soft!) No pain, no blood.
 |
| Minor carnage |
In hind sight it was part panic in the corner, part not being used to the disc brakes, and applying said brakes in the corner, and the final fail...looking at the corner and not the exit. Eyes up. How often do I have to chant it!
It was so nice out today, and I wish I was up to a longer ride. We finished off the afternoon hanging out at Peak Sports and buying goodies for the bikes. New saddle, another fender, and ordered some quick release clamps for the seat tube.
Comments
Post a Comment