You think I'd be inspired to post...
Our Saturday ride was with the club, Lebanon to Sweet Home. A few die-hards did Mark's Ridge. I (and the other sane riders) opted for Pleasant Valley Drive.
37.07 mi
2:45 time
13.47 av
30.33 mx
And now to inspiration...
The search has been on for a new mountain bike. Full-suspension, hardtail, 26er, 29er, so many options. I've been tracking Peak Sports bike inventory and had noticed some price drops on the 2011s. Hmmm, for the price of a Stumpy, we could get a couple of Trek X-calibers. And they have both our sizes.
I should mention this decision came to us while we were miles away at the coast. (How fast can we get back to Corvallis...) Well, we didn't rush, but we did get back in time for Ron to take a test ride on an x-cal, since he hadn't tried one. I went along as well, my third ride on this particular bike. He liked it. I liked it. We gave ourselves 24 hours to think about it, and went back after work on Monday to pick them up.
No good pics yet. We haven't been anywhere to ride, so you'll have to just ignore my messy house.
We started swapping pedals and removing offending reflectors tonight. So what do you get when you put 29 inch wheels on a small frame bike? You get no room for a fender, no room for a rack, the itty-bitty seat back appears to fit. Forget about any bikepacking bags though (as if I'd actually go bike camping!!!)
See I am inspired to post after all!
37.07 mi
2:45 time
13.47 av
30.33 mx
And now to inspiration...
The search has been on for a new mountain bike. Full-suspension, hardtail, 26er, 29er, so many options. I've been tracking Peak Sports bike inventory and had noticed some price drops on the 2011s. Hmmm, for the price of a Stumpy, we could get a couple of Trek X-calibers. And they have both our sizes.
I should mention this decision came to us while we were miles away at the coast. (How fast can we get back to Corvallis...) Well, we didn't rush, but we did get back in time for Ron to take a test ride on an x-cal, since he hadn't tried one. I went along as well, my third ride on this particular bike. He liked it. I liked it. We gave ourselves 24 hours to think about it, and went back after work on Monday to pick them up.
No good pics yet. We haven't been anywhere to ride, so you'll have to just ignore my messy house.
| 2011 X-caliber WSD 14.5" frame |
| 2011 X-caliber 17.5" frame |
Comments
Post a Comment