Mt Pleasant Ride - Santiam Spokes
It has a nice ring to it, doesn't it? Mt. Pleasant. :)
The Mt. part is a dead give away. The description mentions "hilly" three times. That's a clue. The fact that it's "scenic" is another clue. These are the standard euphemisms for "this ride is going to hurt you". Can't say I wasn't forewarned. Ron and I will start from Lebanon. Most others will meet in Scio for the start.
This reminded me of riding in the forest, accept the road is paved. I had slipped away from all riders, those in front and those following, and had this peaceful portion all to myself. Silence like a cathedral.
We made it! At the top!! It's all down hill from here...well sort of...
Shimanek Bridge just outside of Scio. Love the wood plank decking.
Lunch is at the Covered Bridge Cafe in Scio. Black bean veggie burger for me - Delish!
End of the ride for most riders. Ron and I have another 15 miles back to Lebanon.
My Computer:
62.24 miles Metric century #2 (Yes, had to ride around the block to do it.)
4:57 tm
12.54 av
40.85 mx
3793 odo
Numbers came up quite different with the phone app. I think I trust my computer more, but a few of the numbers me like!
iPhone/Runkeeper:
61.59 mi Not a metric after all??? I'll go by the computer
7:08 tm - I assume it kept running when we stopped for breaks
8.63 av - toss that one too.
3,116 calories burned. - This one I like! (don't believe it though)
3213 climb feet. - Like this one too.
The Mt. part is a dead give away. The description mentions "hilly" three times. That's a clue. The fact that it's "scenic" is another clue. These are the standard euphemisms for "this ride is going to hurt you". Can't say I wasn't forewarned. Ron and I will start from Lebanon. Most others will meet in Scio for the start.
| Sandner Road |
| Mt Pleasant |
| Let the pain begin |
| One of those "scenic" views |
| Peaceful road |
| bike porn and a lovely landscape |
| We Did It! |
| Shimanek Bridge |
End of the ride for most riders. Ron and I have another 15 miles back to Lebanon.
My Computer:
62.24 miles Metric century #2 (Yes, had to ride around the block to do it.)
4:57 tm
12.54 av
40.85 mx
3793 odo
Numbers came up quite different with the phone app. I think I trust my computer more, but a few of the numbers me like!
iPhone/Runkeeper:
61.59 mi Not a metric after all??? I'll go by the computer
7:08 tm - I assume it kept running when we stopped for breaks
8.63 av - toss that one too.
3,116 calories burned. - This one I like! (don't believe it though)
3213 climb feet. - Like this one too.
Comments
Post a Comment