Distance:
8 miles round trip
Elevation Gain:
2000 ft??
Difficulty:
Strenuous
Holy Cow!
This was supposed to be an easy recovery ride. No wonder Ron felt sick on the ride and now my legs feel like wobbly jelly.
 |
| Viewpoint on the 680. Coffin Butte in the distance. |
I'm still without a computer (okay, I have the new Garmin, but we haven't completely worked out how to operate the darn thing), so I went online to find a description for today's ride. Hence the above numbers. We did the loop in reverse, but I guess the miles/gain would be the same. Elevation seems a little high. Oak Creek trailhead is about 495 ft ele. Going with Google-Earth, the route we took topped out somewhere just above 1700 ft. ele. Not bad for a recovery ride. :)
 |
| Ron on 770. The worst is over! |
There were lots of walkers/runners/riders out in the forest. We did a few short exploratory rides, but mostly stuck to the route. Beautiful day. Warm! Finally warmth from the sun, and blue skies - Yay!
 |
| Cool Trail. No, we didn't ride it. Single track in Mac forest is steep! |
 |
| Nothing left but a long, long decent - Wahoo! |
Picked up some sub-sandwiches to eat down by the river, then drove out to Blodgett to get a look at Starker tree farm, road and trails.
Comments
Post a Comment