Mother's Day Ride
With Ron still recovering from minor surgery, I went for a solo ride this morning. I haven't done a solo ride in years. Been kind of afraid to venture off on my own, but I had a wonderful ride on quiet roads. I'm not sure what I was afraid of.
Head to Shedd, but skipped Shedd. Pushed a little and scored my best average ever. Nice ride.
29.33 mi
1:57 time
15.04 av
24.86 mx
4,024 odo
Rode with the jett saddle. Had a little cramping pain shoot along my left leg sometimes. I don't know if it's related. I'm going to give the Brooks another try. Oh, and I covered the little icon that tells me where I'm at with my average. While I did get a higher average by pushing (or being pushed by that stupid little square/arrow) I enjoyed the ride less. Let's face it, I'm a tourer, not a racer.
Almost forgot to add the uber-cool new front wheel. Ron's old tacoed rim finally refused to be trued, adjusted, whatever, so he picked up a wheel at Peak Sports. He was just going to have the old one rebuilt, but they just happened to have a couple extra of these bontrager front wheels. Bladed spokes (ooh, ahhh), red nipples (fun to discuss in a bike shop). I'm pretty sure it's a loss leader sale..."we have this front one cheap, but a rear is going to cost you..."
So, how did it end up on my bike? Well, Ron's doesn't care, and those red nipples look pretty sweet on my burgundy/maroon bike. As if my bike is not in identity crisis already, with mtn bike gearing, a brooks saddle (sometimes), she now has mis-matched wheels (one a Bontrager no less). I suck at farkling bikes.
Head to Shedd, but skipped Shedd. Pushed a little and scored my best average ever. Nice ride.
29.33 mi
1:57 time
15.04 av
24.86 mx
4,024 odo
Rode with the jett saddle. Had a little cramping pain shoot along my left leg sometimes. I don't know if it's related. I'm going to give the Brooks another try. Oh, and I covered the little icon that tells me where I'm at with my average. While I did get a higher average by pushing (or being pushed by that stupid little square/arrow) I enjoyed the ride less. Let's face it, I'm a tourer, not a racer.
Almost forgot to add the uber-cool new front wheel. Ron's old tacoed rim finally refused to be trued, adjusted, whatever, so he picked up a wheel at Peak Sports. He was just going to have the old one rebuilt, but they just happened to have a couple extra of these bontrager front wheels. Bladed spokes (ooh, ahhh), red nipples (fun to discuss in a bike shop). I'm pretty sure it's a loss leader sale..."we have this front one cheap, but a rear is going to cost you..."
So, how did it end up on my bike? Well, Ron's doesn't care, and those red nipples look pretty sweet on my burgundy/maroon bike. As if my bike is not in identity crisis already, with mtn bike gearing, a brooks saddle (sometimes), she now has mis-matched wheels (one a Bontrager no less). I suck at farkling bikes.
Comments
Post a Comment