Sunday, August 12, 2012

Ochoco Challenge: Day 7 To Mitchell and Home.

Okay, time to wrap this baby up.
Once again many of us left early to beat the hot weather. We had three big climbs to tackle. The first is the worst, but all of them are tough and it was going to be a scorcher of a day. Some left even before first light.

OchocoChallenge2012 - Day 7
Daybreak
OchocoChallenge2012 - Day 7
Views from the road
OchocoChallenge2012 - Day 7

What can I say...more beautiful scenery and yet more climbing, but I never get tired of it. Well...I get tired of the climbing, but the scenery makes up for it, and the lonely roads. We stopped as needed before the final descent into Mitchell.
OchocoChallenge2012 - Day 7

OchocoChallenge2012 - Day 7

OchocoChallenge2012 - Day 7

OchocoChallenge2012 - Day 7

OchocoChallenge2012 - Day 7
I think this was the view someone had from the house. I could live with that view!
OchocoChallenge2012 - Day 7

We rode about 300 miles and climbed about 15,000' on this tour. We stopped for ice cream somewhere on the way home. We didn't take pics before gobbling it down. That's it.Tour is over. Thanks for coming! :)

10 comments:

  1. Wow, 300 miles by bicycle. You two are awesome.

    Love that first daybreak picture - that sure is worth getting up early.

    You two sure are looking buff and fit in that last pic. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BlueKat:

    You two are my heros ! I could never have done this. You are so fit. I think I would like the solitude of being somewhere with no one around and just breathe in the views, in silence. No motors, no cars just natural sounds.

    I also liked your first daybreak photo

    bob
    Riding the Wet Coast
    My Flickr // My YouTube

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos especially the sunrise & clouds. And I think I could get used to that view too! This looks like a wonderful tour, almost enough to get me to break out the touring bike. Thank you for all the posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 300 miles by pedal bike is a huge accomplishment. You are way fitter than me.

    Thank you for capturing the whole beauty of your trip. Through you I had the chance to I admire the views and cherish the tranquility of the scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that daybreak picture...and apparently the rigors of the trip didn't cause issues with your marriage based on that last picture! :)

    dom


    Redleg's Rides

    Colorado Motorcycle Travel Examiner

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures. 300 miles on a pedal bike - OH MY GOSH You are truly an inspiration, I just wish I could fall in love with my pedal bike as much as I am with my motorcycle. It must be so satisfying to ride and know what you have accomplished under your own power. Good on you! I should be ashamed because I live in a beautiful place with great bike trails, I think I need to dust off my bike and get out there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This makes me want to move back to Oregon...

    ReplyDelete
  8. buff and fit lololololol!!!!

    Thanks everyone! We had a great time. I can't wait to go back again. I like the solitude, and the quiet. You do get to hear all the pleasant little sounds when bicycling. Sometimes it's worth it to have a real motor though! :)

    @Dom,
    No marriage issues :)
    We used to ride a tandem bike. You know what they call a tandem? A divorce bike. We did fine with it...but you should see us together in a canoe....it ain't pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful! The trip looked great. Glad you enjoyed the ride.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Lori.
    Loved it, and miss the dry rugged area already. I think a moto-trip might be in order...would make a perfect day trip. :)

    ReplyDelete