I had an opportunity to ride a little ride along Kruse Way and surrounding areas. Despite being a heavily travelled 5 lane road at rush hour the path was a pleasant ride on this warm afternoon. The traffic was usually muffled by roadside bushes and trees.
 |
| Bike path along Kruse Way |
I rode out to Boone's Ferry Road where I turned around and came back. Before heading home I veered off into a quiet neighborhood with a wide sidewalk/MUP. Time was somewhat limited so I rode out and back a short distance. Plenty more to explore in the future.
 |
| Bike path on Westlake Drive |
Rush hour traffic was pretty nasty. That's the I-5/217 connector ramp with stop and go traffic. I-5 was slow, and Kruse Way was busy. Excepting a few joggers and two other cyclist I had the path to myself.
 |
| Evening Commute |
 |
| Looking back at Kruse Way |
 |
| I-5 Southbound |
Altogether I rode about 5 1/2 to 6 miles. The new bike is fun to ride. Not a racer, but fun to cruise along and sometimes she's just spritely enough to make me want to pick up the pace and race along for a bit. Gearing is more like a 6-speed with a bailout gear. Not bad, but I would recommend bumping up to the 8-speed at least, unless like me you just have to have the green!
Comments
Post a Comment