Thursday, July 24, 2014

Sad news

Rachel-Dad-8x10-3
Our Daughter, Rachel, passed away on the morning of July 7, 2014. We had been gearing up to do more chemo when she was admitted to the hospital with trouble breathing. Probable causes were respiratory failure, pneumonia, and cardiac failure. Rachel wanted to fight this thing to the end, even if that meant being in the hospital rather than home. And fight to the end she did.

Thank you to all my blogger friends here, who sent love, warm wishes, prayers, and caring thoughts. It means a lot to us, and your support through this time was always an encouragement. Reading your posts let me connect in a small way with a world that was outside our little circle of clinic-Doctors-hospital. I didn't often comment, but I did share some posts with Rachel, which she enjoyed.

My best to you all.
kari

16 comments:

  1. As soon as I saw the title of the post, I knew what happened. There isn't a lot that anyone can say to relieve the sorrow that you and Ron are feeling at this time. My thoughts, prayers and best wishes for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kari. I'm so sorry!! I just want to hug you and be there for you. Our thoughts and prayers are with you at this time. Lori and Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kari
    As a parent myself I am sadden by your news. I wish you all the best to you and your family at this most difficult time. May the memories of the happy times with your daughter bring you joy and happiness even through the sorrow that you are now engulfed with. Stay strong. We are thinking of you.

    From down under.
    Chiller aka Steve and family

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no. I am so sorry. I didn't know she had passed away. Our hearts go out to you and Ron. She fought as hard as she could, be proud of her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Kari. There are no words...I wish you and your family peace and love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i've lost a loved one recently as well, and can only imagine your pain. i'm so very sorry, kari. big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kari and Ron, Martha and I extend heartfelt condolences and hope your sorrow is short-lived and your happy memories of Rachel are ever lasting....we are so, very, sorry. We admired Rachel's fighting spirit, and know she's in a better place now.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so sorry to hear that you daughter lost the fight, Kari. Thinking of you and Ron.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kari, I am so very sorry for your loss of your precious girl.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry for your loss, our thoughts are with you and Ron.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't checked your blog for a long time...I'm so sorry for your loss. Time doesn't heal some wounds, just makes them easier to bear. My thoughts and prayers are with you both.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm coming in late to offer my deepest sympathies. I can't imagine the complexity of your feelings and thoughts. My thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete