Sunday, September 28, 2014

Helmick Park / King's Valley Bicycle Ride

Saturday's ride was a joint Spokes/Spinner's ride around the beautiful King's Valley area. I have not done this particular route before and I have to say it's one of the loveliest rides I've done. I've done King's Valley from the south and from the North. This loop encompassed the central section plus some area back roads that were new to me. Gorgeous scenery. Too bad I was too busy keeping up to take photos of the really scenic parts.

Only 35 miles, a distance Ron and I have been used to riding, but oh so much more climbing. The last 4 miles my legs were toast. This is my favorite kind of ride. Scenery and hills.


Helmick Park-King's Valley


Helmick Park-King's Valley


Helmick Park-King's Valley
King's Valley

Helmick Park-King's Valley
Ritner Covered Bridge

Helmick Park-King's Valley

Route map (pdf)
35.1 Miles
1485 Elevation gain (Per description)
Information from ride description - my Garmin quit working
________________________________

3 comments:

  1. I'm impressed and envious! What a jolly good looking group to ride with. I should look up that area so I know more of where you are here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I know that covered bridge.

    Brad and I have though about road riding but with so many riders being hit from behind and killed on our roads this year, we've lost the urge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was such a beautiful weekend, I was almost positive that you two were out on the road. I passed lots of bicycles yesterday through the hills between the Willamette Valley and the coast.

    ReplyDelete