Monday, September 15, 2014

RIP Bobskoot

2014 has not been a good year. We lost our daughter to complications to Leukemia at the beginning of July. My former co-worker Randy lost his battle with pancreatic cancer at the end of July. While not a blogger, he was a rider and a friend. He had a beautiful Valkyrie that he loved to ride.

 Now as summer draws to a close and I've learned that another dear one has passed. Bobskoot of Wetcoastscooting passed away in his sleep while on a car trip across the USA. He was doing what he loves, traveling with his wife and visiting with friends. Bob will be sorely missed by many. He reached out and touched so many of us. He had friends around the world. Whether he was passing through an area, or someone else was journeying into his, he would do his best to get together for a visit, or a ride, and to share a nice meal. I think he was one of the glues the bound many of us blogger/riders together.

Ron and I met Bob for the first time in 2010 in Bend Oregon at the first moto-blogger convention as we like to call it. In 2011 he invited us to ride along to Montana to Glacier National Park where we also met Dom of Redleg's Ride, and his family. I often wondered if Bob invited us along and then dropped the bomb that more guests were coming on Dom and family after the fact. No matter. We felt welcomed by all. Bob loved these get togethers, and I think his efforts enriches us all.


Bobskoot
Spiral Highway

Bobskoot
Montana

Bobskoot
Lake Koocanusa

Bobskoot

Bobskoot

Bobskoot
Oregon 2010. LtoR: Sonja, Troubador, Trobairitz, Bobskoot, Bluekat

Bobskoot
RIP Bobskoot. I will miss you my friend.

7 comments:

  1. A heartfelt tribute indeed Kari....truly has this year been tough on you and Ron....I liked the use of the last picture....symbolic and colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a hard year indeed :( big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful words Kari. He will be missed. A lot of these gatherings would not have happened without his insistence and persistence. He was one of a kind and will be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bluekat I think most of us are reeling over this news. This has been a hard go. Bob touched the lives of so many and reached out to so many people. He was a wonderful guy, and I think he didn't realize how much of an impact he had on people he met and knew. I will miss his blogs, his friendship and getting together for the occasional ride when time permitted and schedules meshed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If it weren't for Bob, I would have never made your acquaintance. He has been the glue that held the blogosphere together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have read many tributes about Bob. I think this comment by Sonja sums it all up. "He was the glue that held the blogosphere together". I love it. We will miss you Bob.

      Delete