Wednesday, November 5, 2014

November Ride everyday: Albany to Lebanon

Wednesday Wanderers:
Today's ride took us from Albany to Lebanon at a nice easy pace. It was nice riding at a pace where I could still carry on a conversation rather than huffing and puffing as I trail along at the back. Nothing spectacular other than nice fall weather: warmish, dry, and no wind. Lunch at Big Town Hero. We were once again chased down by the fastest wiener dog in the west. Little dude has heart - gotta give him that!
Untitled
Steve and Bill in heavy discussion
Untitled
Jo with Ace, Roger, May and David in background
Untitled
Group photo by Ace Johnson: Bill, Jo, Steve, Kari (bluekat) David, May and Roger.
29.57 miles
171 ele. gain
13.9 average
19.1 max.
2:07 time
73.98 November total

8 comments:

  1. How popular are the recumbents in your group? I see a few around here, but it seems riding those in a city would be exceptionally dangerous. Very hard to see around cars and intersections- even with the whippy flag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have quite a few riding recumbents. Most like them for their comfort, but a few use them because they just can't ride an upright/diamond frame bike anymore. I'm not sure how it would be to ride one in a city. It's pretty rural here, not that much traffic. I haven't seen any more problems with them than what regular bikes would experience. In that regard, whether on my pedal bike or motorbike, I've seen some drivers who are oblivious to everything around them. What is it they say ... ride like they're out to get you. :)

      Delete
  2. Pretty ambitious project. Is there a goal besides riding every day?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Richard,
      I have to confess I woke up this morning wondering what I was thinking!
      Not terribly ambitious, just try to ride each day despite what the weather might throw at you. It can be as simple as a ride around the block if need be. I'm trying to be active every day and thought this might be a good motivator. I put on a good 25 lbs while Rachel was sick, that I need to lose. Easier to lose weight when moving, especially if you don't want to give up cookies. :)

      Delete
    2. Isn't it on a bicycle something like 6 miles per cookie? ;-)

      Delete
  3. So nice to have a dry day yesterday. Glad you got out for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Martha has lost almost 20lbs by walking....wonder what the cookie to mile ratio is for walking?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats to Martha! 'tis no easy feat losing weight. I'm not sure of the ratio, but I'm afraid I can put down more cookies than I can walk off!

      Delete