Thursday, December 11, 2014

Cheadle Lake Meanderings

The outdoors beckoned (Apologies to those who are working and are stuck with only a view to blue skies.)

High winds were predicted to show up around lunch time, so if I wanted to get out for a ride, it was time to go. I wasn't going to go far. I didn't want to be out on some lonely road with trees falling all around me (Yeah, it's supposed to be that kind of high winds), so I opted for a quick visit to Cheadle Lake with a meandering return through town.







Cheadle Lake and pretty skies


I see a lot more people with canes and such walking the trail since they paved it. I like that it is more accessible to everyone. Now they just need a restroom that has room for wheelchairs. Since pushing Rachel around in a wheelchair, I've become kind of a snot about these things.

Not all trails are paved.


Took the long way home...well a different route home, I should say. It wasn't really much longer. Old trail along the Santiam.


I got to this spot on the trail and suddenly it sounded like a freight train going by. Leaves started flying...

...and I thought these babies might be coming down. Guess those winds are starting to show themselves.

Rode along a few more residential streets, then across Main Street and head towards home. Nice aerobic workout into a headwind for a mile or so trying to get back to my neighborhood. Seriously happy I didn't have far to go.
Probably about 4 miles.


10 comments:

  1. No view of the sky, blue or otherwise, so thank you for the walk. It's a beautiful area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I was working, I didn't have a window by choice. Easier to do graphic work on the computer. Fewer distractions that way too, I guess.

      Delete
  2. Nice pics Bluekat....as to the "scrubs run" graffiti'ed onto the trail....I find that annoying...couldn't they just do a small symbol perhaps....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dom,
      I think it was from a recent running event. It's supposed to wash off, but it might take awhile.

      Delete
  3. Pretty pictures. So glad you got out in that bit of sun.

    Our winds were in the 45 mph range her and we lost power in the office for about half an hour.

    I am happy they paved parts of the path and made it more wheelchair friendly. Everyone needs access to the outdoors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My lights flickered a few times, but never went out. I was expecting more outages/damage, but I don't think it was quite as bad as expected. Sadly, today was pretty nice too, and I spent it indoors organizing my photos & files. Oh well.

      Delete
  4. Lakes are things of beauty, especially when you don't have them. A friend of mine refuses to swim in lakes saying they creep him out, but I like the serenity they bring to a landscape.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I kind of agree with your friend. At least in the case of lakes with slimy, muddy bottoms :) But sitting by the shore or strolling along the edge is indeed peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Kari, these are exactly the pictures I needed to see to make me feel better. Our current days are bleak (not that I get the chance to go out during daylight anyway), and make me moody.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's the hard thing about winter. It's that deadly combo of bleak days and short days. Work fills all the daylight hours.

    Only a few more days til solstice :)

    ReplyDelete