Saturday, January 31, 2015

Lebanon to Scio Bicycle Ride


I was not in the mood for a cold, foggy ride today. It took about 5 miles to change my mind and just enjoy the ride. 11 of us started. 4 did the 30 mile loop and the rest of us continued on to Scio for lunch. About a 39 mile ride, for the group, and 41 miles for Ron and I since we rode from home to the start. The sun never made an appearance today. 
Fog :( 
Are we having fun yet?

Last pic of the day - too cold for picture taking!

_________________________________

9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. The first couple of miles are cold, then it gets better until you stop again. Sort of a freeze-thaw-freeze-thaw situation :) I beginning to agree with you on sunny and cold. At least sunny looks warm. Fog, not so much.

      Delete
  2. Sometimes leaving the comfort of home is the hardest part.

    Good for you for getting out there in the thick fog. I managed to get out long enough to get groceries then hid inside and cleaned the rest of the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true about leaving the house. But you got out into the cold long enough to get groceries that's braving the elements too!

      Delete
  3. I like riding in fog, but with an engine on my steed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the engine version too! Except for maybe the foggy visor. :)
    Love the heated grips and the heated jacket - Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear you re the foggy visor, currently testing a facemask which is almost as good as wearing a rubber face mask but more comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I caught a bit of your post about that. (During that oh so sad football game!) I'm anxious to hear how that works for you.

    I have the worst time with fogging on the Ninja. I use a pinlock shield and I still get fog, but it's on the outside not inside. It's worse than rain. I never had that problem when I had the suzuki.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks to you I got the bike out yesterday for the first time this year. Today I am sore from the exercise... Well, at least it was sunny...

    ReplyDelete