Thursday, January 29, 2015

Sam I am

I finally took Sam out for a ride. I'd probably have done it sooner, but I was too lazy to gear up, get out of the garage AND go get gas all before getting in a nice ride. This would be my magical "the tank is always full and ready to go" fantasy.

However, once that chore was done and I had my 4 gallons of fossil fuel sloshing happily around the tank, I was inspired to take a little ride. I had forgotten that gasing up a bike is never simply a quick trip to the station.

Sam I am
Gilkey Bridge

It really was a great day to be outdoors. Where it was sunny, it was warm, and mostly it was sunny. Towards the end of the ride I lost the sunshine and gained a distinct chill to the air. Enough so that I cut my ride short and headed toward home. Short, only about 48 miles, but nice. Nice to be back on the Ninja even if only for the afternoon.

Away from the sun and into the gloom
Larwood Bridge

 

8 comments:

  1. Nice photos. Just in time for Sonja's challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here I go again wondering if I could take the gloom as long as it's not minus 30 and snow covered...OR has such a pull on me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone, it was really nice to be out with Sam. It's been so long!

    Martha: And here I am thinking maybe I could take the cold and snow if it's at least sunny. If it helps, next week the rain is back. We really have had a mild winter this year. I even have a bush blooming out back. Don't ask me which one, I don't know what it is, but it has flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello again, Sam. Nice to see you're back on the road again. And Kari, you already met part of my I am officially bored challenge although you didn't play ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sonja,
    I was planning to play! :) I even have a draft started, the problem is most of my pics are on our other computer, and it's not hooked up to the wifi. Maybe I should just go out and get new ones! Not sure where to find an airplane

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to get Scarlett out and moving again, I am feeling moto angst and I didn't bother to insure her this winter because for the last few it was a waste of money with her sitting in the cold garage and I couldn't get inspired to ride in the cold. This winter however has been one filled with warm temps and lots of rain. I see a ride in my very near future. I am glad you got Sam out of the moto lair and out on the road again. Love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete