Sam I am
I finally took Sam out for a ride. I'd probably have done it sooner, but I was too lazy to gear up, get out of the garage AND go get gas all before getting in a nice ride. This would be my magical "the tank is always full and ready to go" fantasy.
However, once that chore was done and I had my 4 gallons of fossil fuel sloshing happily around the tank, I was inspired to take a little ride. I had forgotten that gasing up a bike is never simply a quick trip to the station.
![]() |
| Sam I am |
![]() |
| Gilkey Bridge |
It really was a great day to be outdoors. Where it was sunny, it was warm, and mostly it was sunny. Towards the end of the ride I lost the sunshine and gained a distinct chill to the air. Enough so that I cut my ride short and headed toward home. Short, only about 48 miles, but nice. Nice to be back on the Ninja even if only for the afternoon.
![]() |
| Away from the sun and into the gloom |
![]() |
| Larwood Bridge |




:^)
ReplyDeleteNice photos. Just in time for Sonja's challenge.
ReplyDeleteGood to see Sam out!
ReplyDeleteHere I go again wondering if I could take the gloom as long as it's not minus 30 and snow covered...OR has such a pull on me!
ReplyDeleteThanks everyone, it was really nice to be out with Sam. It's been so long!
ReplyDeleteMartha: And here I am thinking maybe I could take the cold and snow if it's at least sunny. If it helps, next week the rain is back. We really have had a mild winter this year. I even have a bush blooming out back. Don't ask me which one, I don't know what it is, but it has flowers.
Hello again, Sam. Nice to see you're back on the road again. And Kari, you already met part of my I am officially bored challenge although you didn't play ;-)
ReplyDeleteHi Sonja,
ReplyDeleteI was planning to play! :) I even have a draft started, the problem is most of my pics are on our other computer, and it's not hooked up to the wifi. Maybe I should just go out and get new ones! Not sure where to find an airplane
I need to get Scarlett out and moving again, I am feeling moto angst and I didn't bother to insure her this winter because for the last few it was a waste of money with her sitting in the cold garage and I couldn't get inspired to ride in the cold. This winter however has been one filled with warm temps and lots of rain. I see a ride in my very near future. I am glad you got Sam out of the moto lair and out on the road again. Love the pictures!
ReplyDelete