Sunday, June 7, 2015

Hutchinson to Larned

Wow! Tough day today. A long, long, road with no services. A strong wind all day long. We started at 6:30, and stopped in Nickerson to top off water bottles. That was the only town until Larned 58 miles down the road. After that the only place to stop was along side the road, where mosquitos and flies were ready to feast on your flesh and blood. I rode at a crawl. In the beginning I just wanted to conserve energy for later. Later I had no energy anyway. What a day!

Only two pics. I didn't spend much time with the camera today.
Pretty Kansas Home
Big skies

8 comments:

  1. Was this the longest day so far? The lack of any towns (or ice cream shops) may have made it the toughest...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the longest so far. 70 miles but I actually cut it short at 50 and took a ride in the SAG. It was the wind that was the worst. Not having a cafe or market to sit down in for a rest didn't help things either.

      Delete
  2. Still love big skies. Still missing Alberta skies...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sonja, I bet you miss it. It's beautiful in its own way. I love the big skies, the long view to the horizon. I find it exhilarating, just hard to ride. :)

      Delete
  3. Hope you see a little less wind today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Less wind today. More wind tomorrow :(
      I hope the weather prediction has changed ... but well, probably not.

      Delete
  4. +1 on what SonjaM said....lovely skies

    ReplyDelete