Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Ness City to Scott City

A shorter day today. And less wind, though it still showed up and made an impact. The first 30 to Dighton were pretty good. The highway was smooth with an okay shoulder. In Dighton we were hoping for a restaurant. There were a couple but none were open at 10:30 am. May was there with all our stuff, so we had a picnic lunch in the park, and that was all right by me. They had a nice little city park with shade trees and a pavilion.

The last 24 miles were more work. I was pretty tired and spent much of the ride drafting behind Jo and Roger. I had to be sure and drink and eat a little something every few miles. After a while the wind seemed to die down just a bit, with occasional gusts showing up. We made it to Scott City in pretty good time despite my tired legs. May had food ready and that was followed by naps. Dinner tonight will be at the restaurant next door.
54 miles
Sunrise over Ness City 
Metal sculptures on the horizon 
Long views from the bike seat.
Jo 
George Washington Carver

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful sunrise photo. And I like the look of that road. Wide shoulders, no cars and it looks like it was freshly paved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Freshly paved until the next county. :) Actually the roads are pretty good. Narrow shoulder, but it works. Light traffic, but a lot of it is trucks. Not a problem until you have one coming from both directions - then oh my!

      Delete
  2. Just catching up on everything here. This part of the ride I would love to be on. You've made a nice visit with these little towns. Little museums can be lots of fun. I'm glad you are having a great time and just enjoying the doing and the being of it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Dom. I tried the enhanced sunset setting, but it didn't turn out as well as this one. :) I just wish I had a clear shot of the sunrise. Most of the time we can see from horizon to horizon. That morning I couldn't find a clear spot. Oh well.

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous sunrise!!

    How are you doing overall? Morale still good? Body ready for the last half? I am in awe of your perserverance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Morale is good until the wind kicks in and I get tired. Then I wonder what the heck am I doing! Ready as a I can be. Looking forward to the rockies.

      Delete
  5. This looks very inviting for the casual cyclist like I am. Love the sunrise (haven't seen one in a while...).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truthfully before all this I didn't see many sunrises either. I love being up in the morning, but I hate getting up in the morning. Quite a conflict. :)

      Delete