Monday, July 13, 2015

Trout Creek MT

July 13


We were back on the road yesterday, but I was sick and only rode the last 30 miles. Everyone else did 70. Phil and Geneva Gentle, and Tim and Marlene Mangan joined us in Missoula. Nice to have some new riders along. It was downhill to Plains MT along the Clark Fork River. Today, more of the same…downhill along the river with a tailwind. Doesn’t get much better. We arrived in Trout Creek just before a thunderstorm blew in. 
Riding along the Clark Fork River
 
Mountain Layers
47 miles

5 comments:

  1. Hope you're feeling better though I wouldn't be looking forward to riding through eastern WA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feeling like my old self again, thanks. I'm kinda excited about eastern and western Washington. There are a number of rides I've wanted to do - though some do intimidate me a little. Fires and hot weather is a worry too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're feeling better already. I guess stuff like this is bound to happen at one point when you are on the road for so many days. Take care and watch out for those forest fires.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you are feeling better now.

    Enjoy Eastern WA, hope it has cooled off some.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Sonja and Brandy,
    Fortunately I have a cast iron tummy and recover quickly from these things. I'm already back to my bad eating habits ... french toast for breakfast, a pastry snack, and a huckleberry milkshake at lunch. I'm going to have to seriously cut back on the sweet stuff after this tour!

    ReplyDelete