Sunday, February 7, 2016

Mountain Home

Time to Climb! 
Rumor had it that Sweet Home had sunshine. Lebanon was sitting like a sunken rock in pea soup fog. The plan was Mtn. Home, Liberty, Pleasant Valley (another one of the deceptive names - it's a hill), and if there was still anything left in the tank, Berlin Hill.
Pea soup fog. Not very inviting
Near the top of Mtn Home I got the beauty shot. Sun and mist coming through the trees, lighting the road ahead. Al added a little cycling ambiance to the scene. Good stuff. I can't do it justice.
The beauty shot.
A little cycling ambiance
A little more climbing and it was all blue skies and sunshine. The valley was hidden in a blanket of fog. 
Where is the valley? 
On top of Mountain Home
A quick descent and a rolling ride to Art's place to regroup. Tom, Ron and I headed back to Lebanon at this point, having plans for the afternoon - hello Superbowl. 
28 miles, 

1200-1300 ft of climbing - my best guess.

5 comments:

  1. Really nice job on the pics of the light streaming through the trees! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant, Kari. I love these kind of pictures. Almost spiritual.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Dom and Sonja,
    I really did nothing but click the shutter. I came around the corner (on a devilish climb!) and the scene was just there waiting for me. Another rider rode by and it was the perfect moment. Well, perfect except I had more climbing to do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great shots through those trees.

    We were going to go out on the motorcycles Sunday, but the fog on this side of the valley made us rethink our plans. We did yard work instead. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Brandy, I think I am more tired of the fog than the rain. It's so depressing. Well, at least the yard benefitted. :)

    ReplyDelete