Sunday, March 27, 2016

Binegar Butte

Exploring an unknown trail is always a treat. It’s that uneasy, where am I feeling of the unknown. Are we trespassing? Do the neighboring hound dogs run loose in these here woods? The cougars? And bears? More importantly, does this road eventually loop back the way we came? I sure hope so, cuz it’s a long way to retrace our steps and there is a big hill in between. 
Which way?
Let's go left
Woodsy carpet and an intriguing trail
Little world at my feet
Approaching storm
Someday I really need to learn the local wildflowers.
Wild Iris 

Yours truly 
Bike sign 
I really hope this goes back to the car!
This was a fun hike. From ugly clear cuts to mossy woods, high power lines and pretty flowers. The rain threatened, but never made good on a soaking. Ended up with blue skies and sunshine. I’m excited to go back again. We saw more roads to explore. Might take the bikes next time. 
Probably about 3.5 miles. Forgot the garmin and started the phone late in the walk, so it's my best guess.

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful flower photos but I must admit that my favorite ones are the ones that have you or Ron are in the photo,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see you guys out and about. First I wondered, hey, where's the bikes? But hiking is the next best thing to explore your surroundings, right? I have yet to see stuff blooming here, winter has been lasting long this year, but the weather forecast looks promising for Easter Monday...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome photos!

    We were at McDowell Creek Falls today hiking, a good day for a walk in the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Richard
    I very much hate having my picture taken, but I also like to see people in their posts, so I'm trying to be better about it. :) I'm much more comfortable taking flower pics than posing for pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sonja
    It's always great to be outside whether on two-wheels of either variety or on two feet! I hope you get spring soon, I love seeing your photos of your travels and adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Brandy,
    That's funny! McDowell creek was a possible destination for us today. Our hike was not too far away from there. I agree it was a great day to be in the woods!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My hiking days I left behind with the Army....but its nice to see the pics you took along the way and yes, I too am being reminded that pictures with people are the best .....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dang, even more pics of folks hiking.....this hiking business is spreading faster than the zombie virus....

    Nice job as well on the pics Kari...

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL - Dom!
    That's okay. You have the Ural to flee all those zombies!

    ReplyDelete