Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Hidden and Golden Valleys Cycling

Second ride this week, after a hiatus from riding. I thought I would be hurting, but it wasn’t too bad. I don’t know if it’s the running, but I was able to keep my heart rate somewhat in check on the climbs. This doesn’t normally happen.

Only three of us today, Jim, Al, and I. We rode Hidden Valley the easy way, Golden Valley, then out toward McDowell Creek and back. 30 miles. 1500 ft elev. gain.

Grey skies until the blue breaks out 
Al

Me! 
Al and Jim
Blueberry fields - so pretty this time of year.
Al has blue tires! I want blue tires!! Well, I want purple tires, but can’t seem to find them in a road bike tire. Why the hell do bmx and fixie riders get to have all the fun colors
I want blue tires!
The blue tires would look sharp on Kari’s future bike (well, the bike of choice for this week anyway).
Specialized Ruby. Photo from the ellacyclingtips