Wednesday, November 2, 2016

McDonald Forest 5k

Okay, this is from my Facebook post from last Sunday when I actually ran the race. I frittered away the week and didn't write a blog post for posterity, so here 'tis. A cheater cut, paste and edit. More so I can look back and remember than anything else! I hate using Facebook as a journal. Blogger is much better for that.

The run is the McDonald Forest 15k that has a 5k option. I did the 5k. Perhaps next year I'll be ready for the 15!

My first official race with a start and finish and a tee shirt at the end. I even placed 1st in my division, which I’m pretty sure means I was the only one in my division ( I was). Good times and a fun run with a great group of runners. Thanks to my fellow runners and to Ron for being the photographer and cheer team for the day.

Dave from the bike store
Tracii

Archana 

Robert

Yours Truly

My prize for placing first in division (1 of 1). :) Mac Socks - Yay!

And the tee shirt


8 comments:

  1. Looks like a great run, congratulations! Love reading your blog.
    Cara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done Kari.

    It has been a few years since I've done a 5k but I remember they were fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun. I wasn't sure I could run with a lot of people around without being nervous, but it was fine and I had a great time. Already planning another. Sigh - I apparently have started down my slippery slope of running. :)

      Delete
  3. You did it again, Kari. Respect! I have learned that once you get to 10k, 12 or 15k and even a half marathon seem doable. Go for it. I'll try and follow your example once completely recovered...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sonja. :)
      I'm already looking at those longer runs!

      Delete