Tulip Festival and Markum Inn
I hadn't planned to write a blog post today. We've been to the tulip festival a number of times. It was a regular group bicycle ride for a number of years. This is probably the first time visiting in a car. Our purpose was simply to get some ideas for bulb purchases later on when we get to landscaping around the house.
I took a camera, but didn't plan to do more than a few pics for reference, and maybe a selfie just to show that we were here. Wrong time of day and too much wind for great photos, but I have to say the weather was otherwise beautiful and the flowers were at their best.
The festival folks had cars exit out a back way, along a tiny road that wound it's way out to a main road. I'm not sure if it was a private road or what. It was about the size of a bike path, but all the traffic was one way, so no biggie. We trusted Google to get us back around in the direction we wanted to go. Ended up on a road with a familiar name, and finally back to a main highway.
I think what made the day blog worthy was discovering a nice restaurant on our return home. We were just going to hit up Big Town Hero Deli in Stayton for lunch, but as we were wandering back we passed this nice looking place in Marquam.
Markum Inn and Muddy Boots Bar, located on hwy 213 in the unincorporated town of Marquam Oregon. What the heck is this nice looking restaurant way out here in the boonies? American food with an emphasis on beef. No gluten free bread/buns for the hamburgers, but a number of salad offerings and/or grilled veggies for Ron. He also polished off the beef patty from my hamburger, sans bun. :)
Did I get a pic of the place? No. So I stole one from the interwebs. I did get a pic of the inside, but no foodie pics. I'm tired of food pics, sorry. But the food is great. And not that we had anything from it today, they have a wood fired oven for pizza, grilled veggies, etc.
I always think it's a treat to stumble across nice surprises like this.
When I want to find a restaurant, something local and quaint, they're nowhere to be found. Today we weren't looking, but our back road ramblings brought us right to one.
Sweet.
I took a camera, but didn't plan to do more than a few pics for reference, and maybe a selfie just to show that we were here. Wrong time of day and too much wind for great photos, but I have to say the weather was otherwise beautiful and the flowers were at their best.
The festival folks had cars exit out a back way, along a tiny road that wound it's way out to a main road. I'm not sure if it was a private road or what. It was about the size of a bike path, but all the traffic was one way, so no biggie. We trusted Google to get us back around in the direction we wanted to go. Ended up on a road with a familiar name, and finally back to a main highway.
I think what made the day blog worthy was discovering a nice restaurant on our return home. We were just going to hit up Big Town Hero Deli in Stayton for lunch, but as we were wandering back we passed this nice looking place in Marquam.
Markum Inn and Muddy Boots Bar, located on hwy 213 in the unincorporated town of Marquam Oregon. What the heck is this nice looking restaurant way out here in the boonies? American food with an emphasis on beef. No gluten free bread/buns for the hamburgers, but a number of salad offerings and/or grilled veggies for Ron. He also polished off the beef patty from my hamburger, sans bun. :)
Did I get a pic of the place? No. So I stole one from the interwebs. I did get a pic of the inside, but no foodie pics. I'm tired of food pics, sorry. But the food is great. And not that we had anything from it today, they have a wood fired oven for pizza, grilled veggies, etc.
![]() |
| MarKum Inn and Muddy Boots Bar. Photo from the internet |
I always think it's a treat to stumble across nice surprises like this.
When I want to find a restaurant, something local and quaint, they're nowhere to be found. Today we weren't looking, but our back road ramblings brought us right to one.
Sweet.
![]() |
| One last pic from the Tulip Festival |













Great colors not only with the tulips but the hot air balloons as well! The restaurant looks like a decent place.
ReplyDeleteThx Richard. I liked the balloons too. First time I recall seeing them there.
DeleteGreat pics of the flowers....I see Ron hasn't changed that much! :)
ReplyDeleteLol he never does.
DeleteGorgeous photos Kari. Love the colors. We've often thought of going to this, but somehow never get there.
ReplyDelete