Weekend Rides and and a new Bike

So I bought a new bike. :) I haz a happy.
I'm a bad, bad, bad-bad-bad customer though. Faithless. I could have ordered my bike through my favorite bike shop. Was going to, but ... found one in my size at another store in Portland.

... and I gave in to the temptation of instant gratification.

Now I can't face going to my local store. Oh the shame!

Trek Domane SL6 WSD.

SATURDAY'S RIDE
Ron and I joined the Willamette Wanderers this weekend for the group ride. Ron ended up turning back, due to not feeling good. We're both getting over colds, and he got the double whammy of a sinus infection to boot. I will find out later that he rode almost as many miles going back to the car as I did continuing on with the group. Something about a wrong turn... He would meet me later in Independence with the car.

The group did a loop from North Albany to Helmick Park then on to Independence for lunch. Such a great time of year to ride in Oregon. Everything is so green and pretty, but I didn't snap any pics on this ride. Ron and I had lunch while the rest of the group continued back to Albany.

Ron and I returned home and I went for another short ride from the house. 37 miles altogether. I did get a few pics this time.

Empty roads


Shoe Tree

SUNDAY:
Ron surprised me Sunday morning by wanted to go for a ride. We decided to repeat the loop I did from home yesterday. It was a pretty morning and I ended up with more pics than I planned.

Empty roads again


Ron

Kari

Camas in a field. Pic doesn't show how pretty this was.

Camas and bike porn 



The hard hill that hides behind the easy hill

Comments

  1. Good pics of you and Ron. Those roads look highly enjoyable via moto as well, just saying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Dom. Yes most of the roads are favorites of cyclists and (moto)bikers. I miss the moto on some of those hilly ones.

      Delete
  2. Enjoy your new bike! At least you bought it at a shop still, and not online...

    Empty roads and free roaming for two wheelers... motorised or not. I like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sonja. Pistons, pedals, or a pair of shoes. 😊 All good ways to enjoy the outdoors!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Silver Creek Falls State Park, 03-19-11

Overnighter at the Coast

Yamaha V-Star 1100