Oh the Insanity

I'm thinking about doing a triathlon. Been pondering it for a while. Probably for longer than I think. These things start as little niggles that eventually worm their way to the surface in the form of an idea.


Should probably nip those niggles in the bud from the get go. Would make life easier.

In The Beginning...

I'm a cyclist. That's my passion. It started with a desire to get some coaching for my cycling about two years ago. Back then I was in a strong place. Weight down, endurance trending upward. I was looking forward to some tougher rides. Maybe some gravel rides. I got stuck in my training and wasn't sure what to do next. Hence the coaching idea. I had someone in mind. My training routine has been a series of "well, let's try this and see what happens". I get mixed, mostly poor results, but whatever, I was doing pretty good that year, until I hit that plateau. Then life happened...

About as good as it gets

Life happens and two years later I've lost all that fitness and have gained back weight.


To top it all off. My asthma decided to up its game this year. My motivation faded away. Even a shiny new bike couldn't stop the downward trend. This year has had it's setbacks, but I finally started feeling a little stronger this fall. And Ron gave me the go ahead on getting a coach. Yay! or perhaps, what have I got myself into!!


Meanwhile back at the ranch...

So while all the above was going on, I'd found myself getting the urge for something different. Something fresh. Something no one, least of all me, would ever have thought I'd consider in my wildest dreams. I started to think about triathlons. Triathlons. I didn't even know what sizes they came in. I've always had a few biking friends who also did triathlons, but what can I say, they were guys who had one answer to my questions ... tell me about triathlons ... "grunt, they're expensive!" Really! That's it? That's all ya got?

Swim • Bike • Run

In more recent times I've joined a few online groups and picked up a few friends, online and real, who do triathlons, or are interested in triathlons. And they've been more forthcoming with their love of the sport. I've read posts and seen the photos. I finally spectated my first tri. All that has fed my interest.

And here I am...

I'm interested. Intrigued. I vacillate between thinking multisport is the best idea ever and sheer terror.


Did I mention I'm afraid of the water? yeah, more about that later...
Hold on tight to your dreams!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Silver Creek Falls State Park, 03-19-11

Overnighter at the Coast

Yamaha V-Star 1100