I am not a Guppy
This is my local pool. I actually learned to swim here sometime back around 1970-71.
I am not a guppy. I am a fish out of water in the water. I have pool toys. Ducky-feet fins, googly-eyed goggles, a unicorn-esque snorkel. Seriously sexy stuff here. Notice I have no selfie of this set up. Yeah, that's just not gonna happen.
On this day I'm in the lane just beneath the lifeguard and next to the warm water pool full of elderly folks taking a water aerobics class. I feel bad for the class. I'm sure I'm flailing and splashing, sending cannon-ball loads of water raining down on them like the monsoons of South Asia. The poor life guard is calculating just how long it will be before she has to rescue me.
Be for warned if you share a lane with me. I flail and splash and can't swim in a straight line. There will be massive splashing and tidal waves as I flail about. My apologies ahead of time.
![]() |
| Pool pic from Lebanon Pool website |
On this day I'm in the lane just beneath the lifeguard and next to the warm water pool full of elderly folks taking a water aerobics class. I feel bad for the class. I'm sure I'm flailing and splashing, sending cannon-ball loads of water raining down on them like the monsoons of South Asia. The poor life guard is calculating just how long it will be before she has to rescue me.
Be for warned if you share a lane with me. I flail and splash and can't swim in a straight line. There will be massive splashing and tidal waves as I flail about. My apologies ahead of time.

Comments
Post a Comment